Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tiny Victories

Today's small triumph--finding the rail station.

It was even colder when I woke up this morning. Getting a hat and scarf is definitely a priority; I'd hate to catch cold.

I forgot to change any of my money into Kroner before I left Heathrow, and I paid for that error this morning. Turns out businesses are required by law to be closed on Sundays here. So I went without breakfast (slept too late to get the hotel's breakfast--which will not happen again) and set off to find Grand Central.

After wandering in the wrong direction three times, I finally found it. Now I'm sitting in a local kebab place, eating something that vaguely resembles a beef pita sandwich with corn and onions.

The train to Bergen is 7 hours long and leaves at 6:30 a.m.

I also bought an Olso rail pass so after finishing my sandwich, I think Í'm going to ride the bus for the rest of the day.

No comments: